BSE Skills Ltd, in partnership with BESA, has been contracted to research and develop a suite of technical National Occupational Standards (NOS) for those whose role includes working on fire dampers and smoke control dampers across the UK.
The following draft NOS have been developed by a team of UK industry experts, including employers, trade associations, unions and other key UK stakeholders, to capture the relevant technical competences:
|Develop, test and agree building services engineering project designs
|Install and test fire dampers and smoke control dampers
|Inspect and test fire dampers and smoke control dampers
|Commission fire dampers and smoke control dampers
|Identify and rectify faults in fire dampers and smoke control dampers
|Maintain fire dampers and smoke control dampers
Taking part in this important consultation is quick and easy – just follow these three simple steps:
- STEP 1: Download and read the document which contains both the Consultation Framework
and Draft NOS
- STEP 2: Complete the Consultation Framework on page 2 by telling us:
- Section 1: some basic information about yourself and your organisation
- Section 2: whether the NOS are fit for purpose (FFP) or could be improved (CBI) and what that improvement should be
- Section 3: anything further which is not accommodated elsewhere.
- STEP 3: Return the completed Consultation Framework in Microsoft Word to [email protected] by noon on Friday 18 November.
Thank you in advance for taking part – your time and expertise is very much appreciated.